Friday, September 4, 2009

The xx




Who: The xx

Hail From: South West London, UK

Label: XL / Beggars Group

Active from: 2005 to current

Sounds like:
Slightly sparse electric haunted 80's influenced

I found it a bit hard to describe this band. Not that they are that radically different. They do feel vaguely familiar, but every time I almost think of who they may remind me it evades me again. Romy Madley Croft and Oliver Sim frequently take turns on vocals in most of the songs, but also play instruments as well. One of the things I think I like best about this group is its use of negative space. They don't feel the need to fill up every second with sound. It doesn't feel rushed, too spaced out, or even sad. I guess the best description would be melodic indie pop. It may take a second listen to really fall for them, but once you do....Check out the following videos. They are coming to Austin, on November 19, be there, I know I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment